X Binocular Stereo Microscope: 1959

For a period after the War, the Ina plant manufactured the stereo microscopes developed in the prewar period.
The magnification of prewar stereo microscopes was adjusted by changing the combination of objective and eyepiece lenses. The X Binocular Stereo Microscope was designed to allow faster adjustment of magnification through the use of a rotating drum to change lenses inside the barrel. Olympus also used an inclined microscope head design.

Back to list

Back to top