February 8, 2011
Full array of functions with 4x zoom lens in a slim body
Olympus Imaging Corporation (President: Masaharu Okubo) is pleased to announce the OLYMPUS VG-110, a compact digital camera equipped with advanced shooting functions and full array of Auto functions. It also features 4X optical zoom lens from wide angle of 27mm*1 in a slim, stylish body. It is scheduled to go on sale in Japan in early March, 2011.
- 12-megapixel CCD*2, 4X optical zoom from wide angle of 27mm and DIS*3 that reduces picture blur using faster shutter speed
- iAUTO to detect the situations and AF Tracking to track the subject
- Newly added Sparkle*4 in Magic Filter*5
The VG-110 is equipped with 4x zoom lens from wide angle of 27mm in a slim, stylish body. Equipped with an abundant array of easy-to-use automatic functions like iAUTO which enables any user to easily take beautiful pictures, and automatic tracking AF for face detection, it is simple to use even for novices. Also pressing the "?" button within the Menu display allows you to view descriptions of the functions.
Using higher ISO sensitivities allows the use of faster shutter speeds, reducing camera movement and subject blur. Images shot in this mode will have less noise and better color reproduction than images shot just using a high ISO.
The VG-110 features an expanded range of 7 Magic Filters, Pop, Pin Hole, Fisheye, Sketch, Soft Focus and Punk inherited from the previous model, and newly added Sparkle. With Sparkle filter, you can enjoy photos with the luxurious feel created by the added twinkling lights.
|*1||35mm camera equivalent|
|*3||Image stabilization effect varies depending on shooting conditions|
|*4||Image size is limited to 5M or smaller in Sketch and Sparkle|
|*5||Filter is not effective on LCD monitor|
|Effective pixels||12 megapixels|
|Wide-angle shooting||27mm (35mm camera equivalent)|
|LCD size||2.7-inch, 230,000 dots|
|LCD type||TFT colour|
|Movie recording||VGA(AVI Motion JPEG)|
- Scene Modes for one-touch shooting adjustment in difficult environments as well as in standard conditions
- Face Detection AF with which the camera detects and focuses on human faces automatically
- iAUTO function that analyzes the current composition and optimizes camera settings automatically
- USB battery charging enables the camera battery to be recharged from a PC
- AF Tracking to keep a moving subject in focus by tracking it automatically
- Easy-to-use stabilization to correct underexposed areas in pictures taken against strong backlight and the red eye effect in pictures taken with flash
- In-Camera Help Guide to help viewing descriptions of the functions by pressing the "?" button
- Compatible medias: SD / SDHC memory cards
Please be advised that press releases and information posted on this site are current at the time of the original publication date. Please note that they may now be outdated or rendered inaccurate.