April 5, 2012
OLYMPUS VH-510 is the easiest camera featuring "iHS technology"
Olympus Imaging Corporation is pleased to announce the OLYMPUS VH-510 compact digital camera ,featuring "iHS technology". It is scheduled to go on sale in Japan April, 2012.
- "iHS" technology, 12-megapixel backlit CMOS sensor and the powerful image processor of OLYMPUS PEN
- Full HD Movie and Magic Filters
- 8x wide optical zoom (Super resolution zoom: 16X) and DUAL IS
"iHS" is the cutting-edge technology to record as you desire without fail.
The powerful image processor, TruePic V or VI realized high image quality and high-speed processing. The backlit CMOS sensor realized the fast drive as well as high sensitivity and less noise.
"iHS" is the name of the state-of-the-art technology which stands for intelligence, High-sensitivity, and High-speed.
Full HD movie (MOV / H.264) recording
Extended smooth and beautiful Full HDTV (1920 x 1080 pixels) movie recording is available, as movies are encoded in MOV / H.264 format. Movie recording can be manipulated by a dedicated movie REC button. Multi-motion function for stabilizing the image during movie shooting while walking.
To reduce the picture blur due to camera shake and subject motion, the VH-510 features DUAL IS using a CMOS-shift image stabilization mechanism and high-sensitivity image capturing.
VH-510 has an expanded range of 12 Magic Filters, Pop, Pin Hole, Fisheye, Drawing, Soft Focus, Punk, Watercolor, Sparkle, Miniature and Reflection inherited from the previous model, and newly added Dramatic and Fragmented. Furthermore, Magic Movies recordings are available in Pop, Pin Hole, Fisheye, Drawing, Soft Focus, Punk, Watercolor Miniature, Reflection and Dramatic delivering distinct look and artistic feel.
Dramatic: Enjoy a dramatic look by partially changing the contrast.
Fragmented: Turn an image into a photo composed of multiple casually laid-out tiles.
Beauty mode/Beauty make
In addition to Beauty mode, new Make-Up functions to make your photos prettier.
3D Photo Shooting Function
You can shoot dynamic 3D photos in any mode from macro to landscape. Recreate a sense of depth like that of the original scene. You can then enjoy the full power of 3D images on compatible TV sets and computers. Simply select the 3D Photo in Shooting mode and then release the shutter and slide the camera sideways to easily get a 3D photo. During 3D Photo shooting, a 3D file and regular JPEG files are recorded at the same time. There are two modes to shoot 3D photos;
Auto mode: After taking the 1st image, pan the camera slowly to line up the on-screen image and the 2nd image will be shot automatically.
Manual mode: After taking the 1st image, pan the camera slowly to line up the on-screen image, and then press the shutter to capture the 2nd image manually.
First select 3D photo playback or ordinary playback, and then you can further enjoy the full power of 3D images by playing them back on 3D-compatible TV sets or computers.
MPO File (Multi Picture Format)
This is a format standardized by CIPA to handle multiple images under a single image file. When you use the 3D Photo Shooting function, the images for the right and left eye are recorded in a single MP format file.
The camera automatically detects dogs' and cats' faces. Selecting the [Pet Mode - Dog] or [Pet Mode - Cat] from the scene mode, the camera will quickly detect your pet's face and automatically focus on it before shooting the photo. The camera will detect up to 10 faces of different dogs or cats.
The camera captures perfectly your pet's cute expressions. Use the Auto Release function to have the camera automatically shoot the photo the moment the dog or cat who is the main subject turns to face the camera. You will never again miss your pet's whimsical facial expressions.
Eye-Fi* Card Compatible
Eye-Fi Cards are SDHC memory cards with built-in wireless LAN functionality. The images that you take can easily be uploaded wirelessly to your computer and to photo printing services and online albums, such as "ib on the net".
SNS Upload Reservation Function
When you reserve the image which you want to share, on the camera, it will be uploaded to SNS service easily.
|Effective pixels||12 megapixels backlit CMOS|
|Zoom||Optical: 8X Super-Resolution:16X|
|Wide-angle shooting||25mm (35mm camera equivalent)|
|Image stabilization||DUAL IS (CMOS-shift image stabilization & High-sensitivity shooting)|
|LCD size||3.0-inch 460,000 dots|
|LCD type||TFT colour (Hyper Crystal III for Tough Series)|
|Movie recording||Full HD movie (MOV/H.264)|
- High-Speed sequential shooting function, up to 5fps(12M),15fps(3M) and 60fps(3M)
- Multi-motion function for stabilizing the image during movie shooting
- Shadow Adjustment Technology that detects faces of subjects and optimizes focus and exposure accordingly
- Scene Modes for one-touch shooting adjustment in difficult environments as well as in standard conditions
- HDMI output control for operations including picture selection and frame-by-frame advancement using a TV's remote control
- Face Detection AF with which the camera detects and focuses on human faces automatically
- iAUTO function that analyzes the current composition and optimizes camera settings automatically 29 scene
- USB battery charging enables the camera battery to be recharged from a PC while automatically storing and organizing recorded data in the PC
- AF Tracking to keep a moving subject in focus by tracking it automatically
- Photo-surfing allows you to search desired pictures according to recording keyword such as "date" or "subject".
- Compatible medias: SD/SDHC/SDXD/Eye-Fi memory cards
Please be advised that press releases and information posted on this site are current at the time of the original publication date. Please note that they may now be outdated or rendered inaccurate.