September 10, 2013
Announcing Camera Bag CBG-10, a system bag
with an OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 mount as an emblem
Olympus Imaging Corporation (President: Haruo Ogawa) is pleased to announce the upcoming release of Camera Bag CBG-10, scheduled in November 2013. This bag coincides with the sale of the new OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1, for effective storage of the required system for shooting. Not only does it feature excellent protection and mobility, but is treated with a genuine mount emblem design, making it the perfect system bag for ZUIKO DIGITAL lens enthusiasts.
The OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 is a new product that brings out the true value of the ZUIKO DIGITAL lens group through the newly-developed DUAL FAST AF. Coinciding with the sale of the E-M1, this new system bag was developed to carry all the essentials for shooting: the camera, a power battery holder, two professional lenses, a flash, and a tablet device.
In addition to excellent storage functionality, it also features enhanced protection of equipment from shocks and rain. The bag can be arranged to meet the needs of your equipment or how and where you plan to use it. This item is packed with suggestions from professional photographers down to the smallest details.
It is constructed of the strongest, finest materials, with the OM-D E-M1 stainless mount hardware used as the emblem. This system bag was developed specifically to appeal to Olympus fans.
|Category||Product Name||MSRP||Launch Date|
|System bag||Camera Bag CBG-10||30,000 yen
(31,500 yen incl. tax)
- Designed with the OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1's stainless mount as an emblem
- Excellent storage capacity for storing all the essential equipment in professional shooting
- Excellent protection of your precious equipment against shocks and rain
- Various usage to match the type of equipment
- Size that can be carried on aircraft
Main Feature Details
1. Designed with the OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1's stainless mount as an emblem
The mount used to attach interchangeable lenses is an important part and a symbol of the system camera. Even if the shape and function of the mount hardware used on a Micro Four Thirds System standard camera is the same, the materials used differ depending on the product. The mount used as the emblem on this bag is the same ultra high-quality SUS (stainless steel) used on the OM-D E-M1. This mount is formed by difficult and time-consuming process where it is sintered from a material with a high hardness that prevents scratch and rust. It is then washed with acid and then machined with a super-hard tungsten-carbide alloy. This attention to detail for an emblem on a camera bag is not possible for any other case manufacturer.
2. Excellent storage capacity for storing all the essential equipment in professional photography
By moving and removing the three dividers from the inner case it is possible to arrange the storage space to match whatever equipment is being carried. However, this bag was specifically designed with users in mind who attach a Four Thirds standard high-performance lens to an OM-D E-M1 so that the following items can be stored and carried.
Set of OM-D E-M1 + Power Battery Holder HLD-7
Set of ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-60mm f2.8-4.0 SWD + Four Thirds Adapter MMF-3
Set of ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 50-200mm f2.9-3.5 SWD + Four Thirds Adapter MMF-3
1 Electronic flash FL-600R
3 replacement lithium ion rechargeable batteries BLN-1 and 1 lithium-ion battery charger BCN-1
Various items such as a slim tablet device or compact laptop, smartphone, lens cloth, blower, folding umbrella, 1 drink bottle of 500 ml size, writing utensils, etc.
3. Excellent protection of your precious equipment against shocks and rain
1) The outer layer of the bag is made from 2525D (denier) polyester, providing durability in a lightweight material. The left, right, back, and rear of the bag contain a plastic core material wrapped in cushioning material for a tough construction that thoroughly protects from shocks.
2) The inner cushioning is 12 mm thick, but does not compromise shockproof performance for a compact and lightweight form. The liner of the bag is an Olympus blue for easily identifying black parts such as lens caps.
3) Two blue rain covers with excellent water repellent qualities are included so that users always have a backup when one is dirty or lost. A collapsible umbrella can also be stored in the side pocket.
4. Various usage to match the type of equipment
1) The included sub-case can be used to store a long wallet or mobile phone, and can be attached to the side of the bag. When the included belt is attached this case can be used as a small bag carried over the shoulder.
2) When the inner case is removed, this can be used as a regular travel bag.
3) When used with the included waist belt, the bag can be secured so that it does not slip off users' shoulders.
4) Optional Soft Camera Case CS-42SF can also be attached to the side of the bag just like the sub-case.
5. Size that can be carried on aircraft
This bag not only features excellent storage, shockproof performance, and weather resistance, but at 350 x 240 x 160 mm (excluding protrusions), it can easily be carried on an aircraft. The main bag weighs a mere 1.4 kg. Even when users are carrying a heavy load of equipment, the 50 mm wide shoulder strap and adjustable shoulder pad reduce stress on their body.
Additionally, the bag can be carried by looping the rear belt over the handle of a roller bag.
- Press releases are company announcements that are directed at the news media.
- Information posted on this site is current and accurate only at the time of their original publication date, and may now be outdated or inaccurate.
- Company names and product names specified are trademarks of their respective owners.