May 15, 2013
This page describes the rules in which personal information is handled in the Website of Olympus Corporation, displayed at the URL www.olympus-global.com ("the Website").
At Olympus Corporation, (referred to below as "we/us/our"), we are deeply aware of the importance of your personal information. We handle and thoroughly protect all personal information that you provide to us, according to the Olympus Personal Information Protection Policy. For information on the Olympus Group's policy on handling personal information, please see the Olympus Personal Information Protection Policy.
- 1. Purpose of Obtaining Personal Information Unless your prior consent is given or unless permitted by law, Olympus will use the personal information provided by you for the purposes listed below or for purposes that are obvious given the state in which your information was acquired:
- To respond to your inquiries or your requests
- For market research concerning Olympus' business and preparation of statistics
Olympus will obtain your prior consent in the event that Olympus intends to use your personal information for purposes other than the above.
In order to achieve the purposes of use indicated to you, Olympus may forward information provided by you to its group companies, outsourcers and/or agents having confidential obligation agreement with Olympus and/or its group companies, so that such parties may directly respond to you.
- 2. Disclosing, Amending, or Deleting Personal Information You may, under the Japanese Personal Information Protection Law, request Olympus Group Companies in Japan (except for companies with their own privacy policies in place) that the personal information you provided to them be disclosed, amended or deleted.
Please go to the Personal Information Inquiry page for details.
- 3. SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) The Websites are adopting SSL encryption technology on the pages where personal data is input so that personal data input by customers is securely exchanged. SSL is a protocol for encrypting valuable information such as personal data which is exchanged on the Internet. SSL can protect against the intercepting and falsifying of data, and masquerading by third persons.
- 4. Cookies Some pages on these Websites use a technology called Cookies*. You may make your browser reject Cookies. However, in this case, you may not be able to use some or all of the services on this Website.
* "Cookies" is a small text file sent to you from a Web server, and saved on your computer's hard disk or other storage device by your browser. Since the Web server can identify your computer which received Cookies we have sent, it allows the Web server to offer you information tailored to you.
- 5. Web Beacons Certain pages on the Website contain "Web beacons" (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs.) These Web beacons allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by a third party.
- 6. People under 16 years of age If you are under the age of 16, please make sure to obtain the consent of your parent or guardian before providing your personal information.