Nov 17, 2015
This page describes the terms and conditions for using the Website of Olympus Corporation, displayed at the URL www.olympus-global.com("the Website"). If you use this Website, you are deemed to have assented to these terms and conditions. Note that these terms and conditions of use are subject to change without notice. You are deemed to have assented to any changes when using this Website.
Note that the terms and conditions do not apply to any other websites operated by us or our affiliates. For the terms and conditions of use of those websites, please contact the department in charge of the respective websites.
Please see Privacy Notice for information on how personal information is handled in the Website.
- 1. Information on the Website Olympus makes no warranty as to the accuracy, up-to-datedness, utility, or other qualities of the information contained on the Website. Additionally, Olympus may add to, modify, correct, or delete the information on the Website, or suspend or cease the public availability thereof or the like, at its own discretion and without prior notice.
Olympus accepts no liability for any damages suffered as a result of any additions, modifications, corrections, or deletions of the information on the Websites, or the suspension or ceasing of public availability thereto, or the like. The above exclusion of liability shall not apply to the extent the relevant laws may deny such exclusion. In such case Olympus shall be liable to such extent as the laws require.
- 2. Viewing Environment This site may have differences in the way it is presented depending on the browser used or other variables in the viewing environment. The most up-to-date browser is recommended for use of this site.
Plug-ins and helper applications may be required to access some of the contents on the Website. Please download them if you do not have these applications installed.
- 3. Copyrights Unless specifically stated, Olympus or one of its affiliates owns the copyrights to all documents, images, video, audio, programs, and other materials ("the Materials") provided on the Websites, and these copyrights are protected by the copyright laws, treaties, and other laws of each country.
You may view or print the Materials for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use or action (including copying, alteration, parsing, public transmission, transfer, loan/lease, licensing, or any commercial use) is prohibited without the prior written consent of Olympus.
This shall not apply, however, if different terms and conditions for use are clearly stated in the Materials.
- 4. Trademarks All OLYMPUS trademarks, logos, names of Olympus products, service marks, and the like on the Websites are the property of Olympus or one of its affiliates. All other names of products and companies are in general property of their respective companies. You must obtain written consent from Olympus before using any Olympus logo mark.
- 5. Linking to the Websites Sites owned by third parties that link to the Website are run under the responsibility of the owner of the website, and Olympus is no way responsible for the third party website or its contents. Olympus is not liable for any damages resulting from the use of these third party websites.
The fact that a third party website links to the Website does not mean in any way that Olympus acknowledges the third party or endorses their products or services. It neither means that there is any relationship between Olympus and the third party.
- 6. Links to Other Companies' Websites Non-Olympus websites linked from the Websites are managed and operated under the responsibility of their respective corporations or individuals. They are not under the control of Olympus. Olympus accepts no liability for any losses you may incur by using one of the non-Olympus websites. Please use any website linked from the Websites at your own risk, and under the terms and conditions of that site.
Olympus provides the links to these websites for your convenience only, and such links do not indicate that we encourage or endorse the use of those websites or any products or services provided for therein. Furthermore, such links do not necessarily mean that there is any affiliation, cooperation, or other special relationship between Olympus and the corporations/individuals managing/operating those websites.
- 7. Disclaimer We assume no liability for any losses or damages incurred by you directly or indirectly other results of your access to the Websites. The above exclusion of liability shall not apply to the extent the relevant laws may deny such exclusion. In such case Olympus shall be liable to such extent as the laws require.
- 8. Submission of Ideas In order to avoid troubles relating to Intellectual Property Rights, Olympus is not obligated to accept or consider any unsolicited information or ideas about technologies, products, services, designs or business from the public ("Idea") through this Olympus Website or otherwise. Nonetheless, if you send Olympus an Idea, Olympus shall deem that you have waived all rights of your Idea and you have agreed that Olympus is free to use your Idea. Olympus shall be under no obligation to review, evaluate, or adopt your Idea, nor shall Olympus be under obligation to keep your Idea confidential. Also, Olympus shall not be responsible for any payment of compensation or similarities between your Idea and future Olympus products or activities. Please note that Olympus has no obligation to reply to your submission of Idea.
- 9. Insider Trading The Websites may release information which is classified as material facts ("Information") under Financial Instruments and Exchange Law ("Law"). If you sell, purchase or otherwise deal with Olympus share(s) after you have an access to the Information and within 12 hours of the Information release, you may be in breach of the insider trading provision of the Law. (If the same Information is released through Tekiji Kaiji Jouhou Service, the Internet site of the self-regulatory organization which is jointly operated by Tokyo Stock Exchange or others, however, you may do so without breaching the prohibition.)
- 10. Scope of Application The Websites contain information about products which may or may not be available in any particular country, and if applicable, may have received acceptance or market clearance by a governmental regulatory body for different indications and restrictions in different countries. Each country has specific laws, regulations and medical practices governing the communication of medical or other information about medical products on the Internet. Nothing herein should be construed as a solicitation or promotion for any product or for an indication for any product which is not authorized by the laws and regulations of the country where the reader resides.
- 11. Governing law and Jurisdiction The terms and conditions on this page shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Japanese law. Any disputes arising out of the terms and conditions shall be adjudicated exclusively by the Tokyo District Court.
- 12. Questions or Comments About This Page If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.