Olympus Group Risk Management and Crisis Response Policy
Olympus Group will, in order to realize the “Basic Management Policy”, conduct global risk management activities to identify and assess the risks that might affect the achievement of its group management objectives, and take prompt and appropriate actions to minimize any crisis and damage and to recover its business, in the event that a risk materializes.
1. Basic Purpose
The basic purposes of this policy are as follows.
- (a) To secure the safety of customers, regional residents, officers, employees and their families
- (b) To keep the managerial resources intact and ensure the continuity of business
- (c) To improve the quality of business management and increase the corporate value
- (d) To ensure the stable and continued supply of medical products and services
2. Action Guidelines
- (1) We respond to stakeholders’ expectation by managing risks integrally on a company-wide basis, and through responses implemented with sufficient consideration for social demand and/or change.
- (2) We incorporate risk management into our day-to-day global business activities.
- (3) We integrate risk management consciousness throughout our organizations and members, and continuously increase our risk response ability, through global risk management activities.
- (4) We take prompt, responsible actions prioritizing human life and safety in case of emergency.
- (5) We make every effort to recover business promptly based on the basic philosophy “Continuity of Medical Front Line”, in the event that business disruption occurs in an emergency.
3. Establishment of a Risk Management System
We will establish a risk management system and a crisis response system on a global basis and clarify the related responsibilities in order to ensure conducting risk mitigation activities and making appropriate management and responses in case of emergencies.
4. Establishment of Rules
We will establish the in-house rules and manuals to clarify the measures to be implemented, in order to ensure the Company is conducting appropriate risk mitigation activities and making appropriate responses in case of emergencies.
5. Establishment of Process/Operation
In order to achieve the Basic Purpose as described in this policy, we will take any measures to improve the effectiveness of risk management and crisis response by checking their development status and examining countermeasures through necessary education, training and monitoring, so that each organization and all personnel in the Group will be able to act appropriately in line with the Action Guidelines.