Healthcare Access and Outcomes
The Olympus Group has provided educational opportunities and medical information for early detection and medical treatment all across the world. Under the leadership of our Chief Medical Officer, who is also an experienced clinician, we are actively engaged in patient-centered risk management and medical device safety initiatives by leveraging the high-quality clinical and scientific knowledge of our medical business. As a major activity in the fiscal year ended March 2020, we provided practical training to approximately 25,000 medical professionals, including doctors and surgeons, in more than 65 countries around the world. In February 2021, we launched the "Olympus Continuum," a comprehensive training platform on medical products and procedures for global healthcare professionals. By expanding our online training programs, we are able to meet the needs of healthcare professionals in remote areas and the need for safe training even under the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, we are enhancing the system to ensure the safer and more appropriate use of medical devices, and to contribute to improving the quality of life (QOL) of patients.
We are also committed to initiatives to solve social challenges by, for example, supporting disease awareness activities to promote early detection and early treatment of colorectal and stomach cancer through social campaigns, including cancer awareness initiatives for societies all over the world. In addition, we are contributing to the spread of medical conventions and to the medical industry.
- Enhancing initiatives for safe and appropriate use of medical devices by establishing a comprehensive training platform for healthcare professionals, and contributing to improving the Quality of Life (QOL) of patients
- Contributing to social issues by keeping the website for awareness of colorectal and stomach cancer (Onaka no Kenko Dot Com) constantly up to date.
- Contributing to Healthcare Professionals and Healthcare Organizations through grants.
- Contributing to the medical industry through participation in medical industry organizations.
Goals and achievements
|Items||KPI||Definition of KPI||Results||Target|
|Contributing to resolving social issues||Number of website visitors||Visitors to website for awareness of colorectal and stomach cancer||11,189||26,314*||9,536||10,000|
* Figures are adjusted for changes in the tabulation methods or abnormal values.