September 21, 2010
Olympus Compact Digital Camera
New Flagship Digital Camera equipped with ZUIKO Lens Under Development
Olympus Imaging Corporation (President: Masaharu Okubo) is developing a new flagship compact digital camera, first to incorporate a critically acclaimed Olympus ZUIKO lens. The new camera is expected to be introduced in the first quarter of the year 2011. From September 21 through 26, a concept mock-up of the camera will be exhibited at "Photokina 2010", the world's biggest trade fair for the photographic and imaging industries held at Köln Messe, Cologne, Germany.
Outline of Developed Product
- Incorporates a critically acclaimed Olympus ZUIKO lens.
- Equipped with an accessory port same as OLYMPUS PEN E-P2 and OLYMPUS PEN E-PL1.
- Expected to be go on sale in first quarter of 2011. Specifications and price are not determined.
- Press releases are company announcements that are directed at the news media.
- Information posted on this site is current and accurate only at the time of their original publication date, and may now be outdated or inaccurate.
- Company names and product names specified are trademarks of their respective owners.