February 8, 2011
12.5x powerful zoom in a pocket-size body
With a large-screen 3-inch monitor
Olympus Imaging Corporation (President: Masaharu Okubo) is pleased to announce the OLYMPUS VR-320, a compact digital camera equipped with advanced shooting functions, such as a large-screen 3-inch monitor, DUAL IS*1, and HD movies*2. It also features 12.5X optical zoom lens in a stylish body. It is scheduled to go on sale in Japan in Spring, 2011.
- 14-megapixel CCD*3, 12.5X optical zoom from wide angle of 24mm*4 and DUAL IS that reduces picture blur
- HD movie Recording (AVI Motion JPEG)
- A large 3-inch, 230K dots LCD monitor to enjoy viewing photos you just took
The OLYMPUS VR-series compact digital camera features powerful zoom lens from wide angle of view and a large-screen LCD monitor with advanced shooting functions.
The new VR-320 is equipped with 12.5x zoom lens from wide angle of 24mm*4 to 300mm*4 in a slim, stylish body that covers a remarkably wide shooting range. To reduce the picture blur commonly associated with telephoto shooting effectively, the VR-320 features DUAL IS using a CCD-shift image stabilization mechanism and high-sensitivity image capturing. It also features dedicated Movie REC button to immediately shooting movies, and Magic Filters*5 to enhance your camera life.
HD movie (AVI Motion JPEG) recording
High-quality movies are available in 1280 x 720-pixel high-definition quality. Movie recording can be manipulated by a dedicated movie REC button.
The VR-320 features an expanded range of 7 Magic Filters, Pop, Pin Hole, Fisheye, Sketch, Soft Focus and Punk inherited from the previous model, and newly added Sparkle*6. With Sparkle filter, you can enjoy photos with the luxurious feel created by the added twinkling lights.
|*1||Image stabilization effect varies depending on shooting conditions|
|*2||Recording time per session is limited to less than 29 minutes. Recording is terminated automatically when the file size reaches 2 GB|
|*4||35mm camera equivalent|
|*5||Image size is limited to 5M or smaller in Sketch and Sparkle|
|*6||Filter is not effective on LCD monitor|
|Effective pixels||14 megapixels|
|Wide-angle shooting||24mm (35mm camera equivalent)|
|Image stabilization||DUAL IS|
|LCD size||3.0-inch, 230,000 dots|
|LCD type||TFT colour|
|Movie recording||1280 x 720 pixels HD movie (AVI Motion JPEG)|
- Shadow Adjustment Technology that detects faces of subjects and optimizes focus and exposure accordingly
- Scene Modes for one-touch shooting adjustment in difficult environments as well as in standard conditions
- Face Detection AF with which the camera detects and focuses on human faces automatically
- iAUTO function that analyzes the current composition and optimizes camera settings automatically
- USB battery charging enables the camera battery to be recharged from a PC
- AF Tracking to keep a moving subject in focus by tracking it automatically
- Compatible medias: SD / SDHC memory cards
- Press releases are company announcements that are directed at the news media.
- Information posted on this site is current and accurate only at the time of their original publication date, and may now be outdated or inaccurate.
- Company names and product names specified are trademarks of their respective owners.