February 8, 2011
Updated: April 1, 2011
12.5x powerful zoom in a pocket-size body
With a large-screen 3-inch monitor
Olympus Imaging Corporation (President: Masaharu Okubo) is pleased to announce the OLYMPUS VR-330, a compact digital camera equipped with advanced shooting functions, such as a large-screen 3-inch monitor, DUAL IS*1, and HD movies*2. It also features 12.5X optical zoom lens in a stylish body. It is scheduled to go on sale in Japan in Spring, 2011.
* The launching of this product is canceled.
- 14-megapixel CCD*3, 12.5X optical zoom from wide angle of 24mm*4 and DUAL IS that reduces picture blur
- HD movie Recording (AVI Motion JPEG)
- A large 3-inch, 460K dots LCD monitor to enjoy viewing photos you just took
The OLYMPUS VR-series compact digital camera features powerful zoom lens from wide angle of view and a large-screen LCD monitor with advanced shooting functions.
The new VR-330 is equipped with 12.5x zoom lens from wide angle of 24mm*4 to 300mm*4 in a slim, stylish body that covers a remarkably wide shooting range. To reduce the picture blur commonly associated with telephoto shooting effectively, the VR-330 features DUAL IS using a CCD-shift image stabilization mechanism and high-sensitivity image capturing. It also features dedicated Movie REC button to immediately shooting movies and Magic Filters*5 to enhance your camera life. Moreover, you can enjoy shooting images easily in 3D Photos*6.
HD movie (AVI Motion JPEG) recording
High-quality movies are available in 1280 x 720-pixel high-definition quality. Movie recording can be manipulated by a dedicated movie REC button.
The VR-330 features an expanded range of 7 Magic Filters, Pop, Pin Hole, Fisheye, Sketch, Soft Focus and Punk inherited from the previous model, and newly added Sparkle*7. With Sparkle filter, you can enjoy photos with the luxurious feel created by the added twinkling lights.
3D Photo Shooting Function
You can shoot dynamic 3D photos in any mode from usual life to landscape. Recreate a sense of depth like that of the original scene. You can then enjoy the full power of 3D images on compatible TV sets and computers. Simply select the 3D Photo in Shooting mode and then release the shutter and slide the camera sideways to easily get a 3D photo. During 3D Photo shooting, a 3D file and regular JPEG files are recorded at the same time. There is an Auto shooting mode; After taking the 1st image, pan the camera slowly to line up the on-screen image and the 2nd image will be shot automatically.
First select 3D photo playback or ordinary playback, and then you can further enjoy the full power of 3D images by playing them back on 3D-compatible TV sets or computers.
MP Format (Multi Picture Format)
This is a format standardized by CIPA to handle multiple images under a single image file. When you use the 3D Photo Shooting function, the images for the right and left eye are recorded in a single MP format file.
|*1||Recording time per session is limited to less than 29 minutes. Recording is terminated automatically when the file size reaches 4 GB|
|*2||35mm camera equivalent|
|*4||Image stabilization effect varies depending on shooting conditions|
|*5||Image size is limited to 5M or smaller in Sketch and Sparkle.|
|*6||The 3D effect cannot be obtained in moving subject|
|*7||Filter is not effective on LCD monitor|
|Effective pixels||14 megapixels|
|Wide-angle shooting||24mm (35mm camera equivalent)|
|Image stabilization||DUAL IS|
|LCD size||3.0-inch, 230,000 dots|
|LCD type||TFT colour|
|Movie recording||1280 x 720 pixels HD movie (AVI Motion JPEG)|
- Shadow Adjustment Technology that detects faces of subjects and optimizes focus and exposure accordingly
- Scene Modes for one-touch shooting adjustment in difficult environments as well as in standard conditions
- Face Detection AF with which the camera detects and focuses on human faces automatically
- iAUTO function that analyzes the current composition and optimizes camera settings automatically
- USB battery charging enables the camera battery to be recharged from a PC
- AF Tracking to keep a moving subject in focus by tracking it automatically
- Compatible medias: SD / SDHC memory cards
- Press releases are company announcements that are directed at the news media.
- Information posted on this site is current and accurate only at the time of their original publication date, and may now be outdated or inaccurate.
- Company names and product names specified are trademarks of their respective owners.