July 27, 2011
5x wide zoom, HD Movies, and a large LCD monitor
3 body colors (Red, Champagne Gold, Orange)
Olympus Imaging Corporation (President: Shuichi Takayama) is pleased to announce the OLYMPUS VG-145, a compact digital camera equipped with advanced shooting functions, such as HD movies*1 and full array of Auto functions. It also features 5X optical zoom lens from wide angle of 26mm*2 in a slim, stylish body. It is scheduled to go on sale at the middle of August, 2011.
- 14-megapixel CCD*3, 5X optical zoom from wide angle of 26mm and DIS*4 that reduces picture blur using faster shutter speed
- Featuring High-definition movies (AVI Motion JPEG), Magic Filters*5, and a large 3-inch LCD monitor to enjoy viewing photos you just took
- Stylish and slim full metal body
The VG-145 is equipped with 5x zoom lens from wide angle of 26mm and image stabilization in a slim, stylish body. Equipped with an abundant array of easy-to-use automatic functions like iAUTO which enables any user to easily take beautiful pictures, and automatic tracking AF for face detection, it is simple to use even for novices. Also HD movies with AVI Motion JPEG format are available by just pressing the dedicated Movie REC button without selecting Movie mode from the menu.
Using higher ISO sensitivities allows the use of faster shutter speeds, reducing camera movement and subject blur. Images shot in this mode will have less noise and better color reproduction than images shot just using a high ISO.
HD movie (AVI Motion JPEG) recording
HD movie recording is available with the slim, stylish VG-145. Movie recording can be manipulated by a dedicated movie REC button When using any of SD/SDHC memory card, it is selectable to record to which card.
The VG-145 features an expanded range of 7 Magic Filters, Pop, Pin Hole, Fisheye, Drawing, Soft Focus, Punk and Sparkle*6. With Sparkle filter, you can enjoy photos with the luxurious feel created by the added twinkling lights.
|*||Image size is limited to 5M or smaller in Sketch and Sparkle.|
|*||The frame rate may change when using Soft Focus.|
|*1||Recording time per session is limited to less than 29 minutes. Recording is terminated automatically when the file size reaches 4 GB|
|*2||35mm camera equivalent|
|*4||Image stabilization effect varies depending on shooting conditions|
|*5||Image size is limited to 5M or smaller in Sketch, Soft Focus, Watercolor and Sparkle|
|*6||Filter is not effective on LCD monitor|
|Effective pixels||14 megapixels|
|Wide-angle shooting||26mm (35mm camera equivalent)|
|LCD size||3.0-inch, 230,000 dots|
|LCD type||TFT colour|
|Movie recording||1280 x 720 pixels HD movie (AVI Motion JPEG)|
- Shadow Adjustment Technology that detects faces of subjects and optimizes focus and exposure accordingly
- Scene Modes for one-touch shooting adjustment in difficult environments as well as in standard conditions
- Face Detection AF with which the camera detects and focuses on human faces automatically
- iAUTO function that analyzes the current composition and optimizes camera settings automatically
- USB battery charging enables the camera battery to be recharged from a PC
- AF Tracking to keep a moving subject in focus by tracking it automatically
- Compatible medias: SD / SDHC memory cards
- Press releases are company announcements that are directed at the news media.
- Information posted on this site is current and accurate only at the time of their original publication date, and may now be outdated or inaccurate.
- Company names and product names specified are trademarks of their respective owners.