August 22, 2012
Simple Operation and Good Photos Available with a Touch Panel Screen,
Stylish model, equipped with DUAL IS for excellent image stabilization
The OLYMPUS STYLUS VH-410 compact digital camera
Olympus Imaging (President: Haruo Ogawa) is proud to announce the OLYMPUS STYLUS VH-410, a camera packs a 26mm wide-angle*1, 5x optical zoom, Magic Filter*2, Make-up function, touch panel screen, and double image stabilization system DUAL IS*3 into a stylish body. It is scheduled to go on sale from the mid-October 2012.
- With a 16.0 megapixel*4 CCD, 5x optical zoom, touch panel screen, and DUAL IS, shooting is even easier and more beautiful
- Supports shooting of High-definition movies*5 (AVI Motion JPEG). Magic Filter is also available for use when shooting movies
- Equipped with the Make-up function for applying full makeup after shooting
The OLYMPUS STYLUS VH-410 boasts a 26mm wide-angle, 5x optical zoom in a slim and stylish body, with a rich variety of colors to choose from. With Touch Focus function, users can touch the subject they want to focus on, and use Touch Shutter to snap pictures. With the inclusion of DUAL IS, even beginners can shoot worry-free images thanks to its excellent image stabilization performance.
Simply pressing the button on the back of the camera allows HD movie shooting, and Magic Filter also adds to the enjoyment of shooting movies on a digital camera.
The VH-410 is packed with advanced functions such as Beauty Mode*6, which corrects the image so skin appears more smooth and beautiful, and Beauty Make-up mode which corrects the image after shooting so that skin and eyes appear more beautiful.
Main Features -- Details
DUAL IS Image Stabilization
DUAL IS is an image stabilization that counteracts the direction of camera shake by moving the CCD via a shift-type image stabilization mechanism, and uses digital SLR algorithms. By using this function in combination with high-sensitivity shooting, camera shake and subject blur is effectively reduced, providing double image stabilization.
High-definition Movie Shooting (AVI Motion JPEG)
With a 1280 x 720 High-definition size, and AVI Motion JPEG movie compression, beautiful movies can be shot even longer. With a dedicated movie button, starting and stopping movies is easy with a single touch.
The popular Magic Filter offers 9 different filters to choose from: Pop, Pinhole, Fisheye, Sketch, Wedding, Rock, Watercolor, Crystal, and Mirror. Pop, Pinhole, Fisheye, Sketch, Wedding, Rock, Watercolor, and Mirror can also be used when shooting movies.
Eye-Fi cards are SDHC memory cards that contain an internal wireless LAN. Images can be wirelessly uploaded to picture services, online photo albums, and computers.
|Effective number of pixels||16 million|
|Wide||26mm wide-angle (35mm film equivalent)|
|Image stabilization||DUAL IS (CCD shift-type & high-sensitivity shooting)|
|LCD screen size||3.0 type, 460,000 dots, touch panel screen|
|LCD screen type||TFT color LCD|
|Movie shooting||High-definition movies*2 (AVI Motion JPEG)|
- Magic Filter enhances the enjoyment of shooting photos on a digital camera, and Beauty Mode*7 creates a beautiful impression when shooting pictures of people.
- Scene Mode allows for shooting not only standard scenes, but also enables easy shooting of beautiful images even in difficult shooting conditions
- Face Detect AF lets the camera automatically detect faces
- Intelligent iAUTO automatically detects scenes and optimizes settings for shooting
- In-camera Panorama Merge allows users to easily shoot panoramic images by simply moving the camera as directed
- USB Battery Charge allows users to charge the camera battery while connected to a computer, and transferring or organizing image data
- Auto Tracking AF automatically tracks moving subjects and adjusts the focus
- Supported media: SD, SDHC, SDXC, Eye-Fi cards
|*1||35mm film equivalent|
|*2||The image size for still images is limited to 5M and lower when using the following Magic Filters: Sketch, Wedding, Crystal. and Watercolor.|
|*3||Differences in image stabilization may occur depending on shooting conditions.|
|*4||Camera effective pixels|
|*5||The maximum recording time for a single movie clip is limited to 29 minutes. Recording will automatically stop once the file size has reached 4 GB.|
|*6||The image size is limited to 5M and lower for corrected images. Effects may differ from person to person.|
|*7||Eye-Fi card use is only permitted in the country of purchase. Make sure to abide by the laws in the country of use. Do not use Eye-Fi cards inside aircraft, or where the use of radio transmissions are limited or forbidden, or set the Eye-Fi card's transmission function to OFF. Images and movies with a file size exceeding 2 GB cannot be sent. For questions concerning Eye-Fi cards, contact the manufacturer.|
- Press releases are company announcements that are directed at the news media.
- Information posted on this site is current and accurate only at the time of their original publication date, and may now be outdated or inaccurate.
- Company names and product names specified are trademarks of their respective owners.