September 17, 2012
Limited edition black version of its "High-Grade Snapshot Lens" 12mm f2.0
compliant with Micro Four Thirds System Standard
M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12mm F2.0 Limited Edition Black Kit
Olympus Imaging Corporation (President: Haruo Ogawa) is pleased to announce the forthcoming release of a limited edition black version of the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12mm f2.0 large-aperture, wide-angle, single-focal-length interchangeable lens that conforms to the Micro Four Thirds System standard.
A single focal length lens that incorporates the very latest digital optical technologies, the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12mm f2.0 offers outstanding imaging performance in an exceptionally compact design. With a wide angle of 12mm (equivalent to 24mm on 35mm camera) and a large f2.0 aperture, this highly acclaimed lens is ideal for both indoor and outdoor shooting, capturing the world through the unique and powerful perspective that only a wide-angle lens can provide. Sharp, clear imaging capability is assured throughout the image frame, while fast, quite autofocusing in both movie and still modes is made possible by Olympus's exclusive MSC (Movie & Still Compatible) mechanism. Reflecting its superior performance, this lens features a classically elegant design with finely textured metallic outer finish.
The new version of this lens comes with a traditional black outer finish and will be sold in a kit that includes three lens accessories; the LH-48 Metallic Lens Hood (Black), the LC-48 Metallic Lens Cap (Black), and the PRF-D46PRO Protection Filter. A limited worldwide release of 3,000 sets is scheduled for September 28, 2012.
- Combines compact size and high performance/image quality thanks to the incorporation of the most advanced technologies including a DSA (Dual Super Aspherical) lens element and ZERO (Zuiko Extra-low Reflection Optical) coating.
- Elegant design with finely textured metallic outer finish and distinctive, classic appearance.
- New "snapshot focusing mechanism" to facilitate pan-focus shooting.
Pricing and Launch Date
|Category||Product Name||MSRP||Launch Date||Quantity|
|Interchangeable lens||M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12mm f2.0 Limited Black Kit
- M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12mm f2.0 (Black)
- LH-48 Metallic Lens Hood (Black)
- LC-48 Metallic Lens Cap (Black)
- PRF-D46PRO Protection Filter
(124,950 yen incl. tax)
|September 28, 2012||Limited at 3,000 sets|
|*||The LH-48 Metallic Lens Hood (Black) and LC-48 Metallic Lens Cap (Black) are designed exclusively for this kit. They are not available separately.|
|*||The LH-48 Metallic Lens Hood (Black) and LC-48 Metallic Lens Cap (Black) cannot be used at the same time. When using the LH-48 Metallic Lens Hood (Black), use the LC-46 Lens Cap provided in the kit.|
- Press releases are company announcements that are directed at the news media.
- Information posted on this site is current and accurate only at the time of their original publication date, and may now be outdated or inaccurate.
- Company names and product names specified are trademarks of their respective owners.