August 25, 2015
OM-D E-M10 Mark II, Compact System Camera
The only*1 entry-level Interchangeable Lens Camera with 5-axis image stabilization provides blur-free, high-quality images at any time
Olympus Corporation (President: Hiroyuki Sasa) is pleased to announce the release of the OM-D E-M10 Mark II compact system camera that conforms to the Micro Four Thirds System standard. This camera is equipped with 5-axis image stabilization that certainly compensates camera shakes in any scene.
The OM-D E-M10 Mark II is the successor model to the OM-D E-M10 that went on sale February 2014. On the stylish and easy to use compact body, it includes a powerful in-body 5-axis VCM image stabilization inherited from the high-end OM-D series, a first for an entry-level Interchangeable Lens Camera (ILC). This model provides stable, blur-free, high-quality images in any scene, from daily events to night scenes, and macro photography.
- 5-axis image stabilization that provides blur-free, high-quality images at any time
- User friendly, stylish, compact design
- High-speed performance that ensures you capture every moment
- Large, easy-to-see electronic viewfinder
- Full-featured creative shooting functions
|Category||Product Name||MSRP||Planned Launch Date|
|Micro Four Thirds compliant interchangeable lens camera||E-M10 Mark II (Silver/Black)||Open price||September 4, 2015|
|E-M10 Mark II 14-42mm EZ Lens Kit:
+ M. ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 EZ*2
|E-M10 Mark II EZ Double Zoom Kit:
+ M. ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 EZ*2
+ M. ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm f4.0-5.6 R*3
Main Features Details
1. 5-axis image stabilization that provides blur-free, high-quality images at any time
Image quality is determined by three components: the lens, imaging sensor, and image processor. However, Olympus does not rely solely on these factors to achieve high-quality images, but believes solving problems due to camera shake is indispensable. No matter how good these three components are, blurring and out of focus shots ruin photos. Also, many photos that seem to be out of focus are often caused by camera shake. Camera shake is also an important factor in making it difficult to capture beautiful night scenes or close-ups (macro) on a smartphone.
To provide a sure solution to the problem of camera shake on the E-M10 Mark II, Olympus has included the 5-axis VCM image stabilization inherited from the high-end E-M1 and E-M5 Mark II models on an entry-level model for the first time. Powerful compensation of up to 4 steps of shutter speed*4 is now possible.
In addition to the 2-axis image stabilization that corrects for angular shake (yaw and pitch) on most SLR cameras, the 5-axis image stabilization also compensates for rolling that interferes with night scene shooting, and horizontal and vertical shift that is prominent in macro photography. This 5-axis image stabilization makes it possible to shoot more varied, blur-free scenes than ever before.
This image stabilization is not only available for still images, but is fully effective for recording movies as well. Because this feature compensates for vibration that occurs while walking and slight movements that result from pressing buttons, you can capture movement smoothly even with a single hand. The OM-D Movie, popular on the E-M5 Mark II for capturing high-quality movies can also be enjoyed on this model.
Components that make up Olympus high-quality imaging, such as the Zuiko lens, the same 16M Live MOS sensor as the E-M5 Mark II, and the TruePic VII image processor maximize the capabilities of the powerful 5-axis image stabilization for the ultimate in image quality.
2. User friendly, stylish, compact design
One of the advantages of compact system cameras is their remarkably small size when compared to entry-level SLR models. They don't take up space, making them very easy to take along anywhere.
The design incorporates the classic style found on Olympus interchangeable lens camera. Not only on the camera body, but the metal dials along with the leather textures of the grip produce a highly sophisticated feel to the camera.
The dial and button shapes and layout have been adjusted to make them easy to operate while looking through the viewfinder.
3. High-speed performance that ensures you capture every moment
This model is equipped with Touch AF Shutter for simple touch operations on the monitor so you can focus and never miss a great moment. The short shooting time lag and fast responsiveness mean that you can capture split-second movements in shots. Because you can focus on exactly the spot you want, defocusing effects only available on an ILC are possible. This model has a sequential shooting speed of 8.5 fps, improved from the E-M10.
4. Large, easy-to-see electronic viewfinder
This model is equipped with a built-in electronic viewfinder (EVF). This feature makes it easy to shoot even in direct sunlight where it is difficult to see the monitor.
The field of view is approximately 100%. Unlike most entry-level SLR models, you can capture the area that you see, just as it appears in the viewfinder. The electronic viewfinder boasts a viewfinder magnification rate of 1.23x (35mm equivalent: 0.62x), and is easier to use than ever before.
With an optical viewfinder (OVF) on an SLR camera, the subject can be difficult to see in low light situations when the taking lens is not bright enough, however, the electronic viewfinder always displays the subject at the appropriate brightness for easy shooting. This EVF uses a high-definition 2.36-million-dot OLED monitor for sharp, clear details in the viewfinder.
Also, because you can view the results of changed white balance and exposure compensation settings in real time, you can shoot while checking how the final shot will look.
The new AF Targeting Pad let you keep your eye on the viewfinder as you trace your thumb on the rear touchscreen to adjust focus point. This makes viewfinder shooting even easier than ever before.
5. Full-featured creative shooting functions
This model is equipped with many functions for easily expanding the bounds of expression.
- Art Filter (14 Art Filters, 9 Art Effects)
This is a popular Olympus function that lets you enjoy the effects of impressive filters. Versatile combinations with Art Effects are also possible. They can be used on both still images and movies.
- II) Photo Story (5 patterns)
This function combines multiple photos into a single image to express a story about a moment in time.
- Live Bulb and Live Time
These functions let you capture moving trails of lights. You can view the traces of light on the monitor to easily challenge yourself to take artistic photos of light painting.
- Live Composite
This function composite image from multiple shots while observing changes in bright flashes of light without changing the brightness of the background. You can view the changes in light on the monitor so that even beginners with no specialized knowledge can easily capture stars, fireworks, and fireflies vividly and beautifully.
|*1||As of August 25, 2015|
|*2||When the camera body is silver, the lens color will also be silver, and when the camera body is black, the lens will also be black|
|*3||The lens color will be black for both silver and black bodies|
|*4||CIPA guideline compliant, when correction is carried out on two axes (yaw and pitch)|
- Built-in Wi-Fi and dedicated app Olympus Image Share for sharing images and using a smartphone as a remote control
- Built-in flash for capturing beautiful shots against night scenes
- iAUTO automatically detects the scene that matches the subject and optimizes settings for perfect photos
- A rich lineup of compact, high-quality M.Zuiko interchangeable lenses
- Improved focus accuracy at C-AF (Continuous AF) compared to the E-M10
- Silent mode for shooting quietly in places where the shutter sound is inconvenient
- 4K Time Lapse Movie offers more than 4 times higher resolution than that of E-M10
- High-speed movie enables smooth slow-motion playback of split-second movement
- Clips lets you easily shoot and edit short movies using only the camera
- Focus bracketing mode shifts the focus position while capturing multiple shots to select the image with the focus where you want it
- S-OVF (Simulated OVF) display mode expands the dynamic range, making the subject easier to see during backlit scenes as if using OVF
- The tilting monitor convenient for shooting from low angles and high angles
Items in option
External Grip, ECG-3
This is a removable grip exclusively for use with the E-M10 Mark II that enhances the hold of the camera. With a one-touch release lever on the bottom, you can smoothly exchange the battery and memory card.
Genuine Leather Strap, CSS-S119L
This genuine leather strap exudes luxury. It has been treated with water repellent to prevent damage to the leather from water droplets. The moderate size of the shoulder pad provides stability when hung around the neck. Just as shown in the images, the attachment loop can be used to attach a decorative item or accessories.
Outline of items in option
|Product Name||MSRP||Planned Launch Date|
|External Grip, ECG-3||7,500 yen
(8,100 yen incl. tax)
|September 4, 2015|
|Genuine Leather Strap, CSS-S119L||9,000 yen
(9,720 yen incl. tax)
|September 4, 2015|
- Press releases are company announcements that are directed at the news media.
- Information posted on this site is current and accurate only at the time of their original publication date, and may now be outdated or inaccurate.
- Company names and product names specified are trademarks of their respective owners.