California residents have certain additional rights regarding our use and disclosure of personal information:
1. You may request a copy of the following: (1) The categories of personal information we collected about you; (2) The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; (3) The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling (if applicable) the personal information; (4) The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information; and (5) The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you. To submit a request for this information, email us at OCADataPrivacy@olympus.com.
Category of Personal
Source of Information Purpose for Collection Categories of Recipients Identifying Information, such as salutation, first/last name, address, telephone number, email address, images posted by you, birth date, title, and company name From you, when you create a profile, place an order, register for an event, register a product, contact us for inquiries, enter contests, request information about our products, and/or make a complaint. Product and service fulfillment; marketing, promotions & advertising; internal operations; and fraud prevention, security and compliance. Our current or future corporate affiliates and subsidiaries; our service providers, sub processors Login information, such as usernames and passwords used to access your account From you To enable you to access our services This information is not shared outside Olympus Device Information, such as the type of device you use to access the Site(s), your device identification number, IP address or mobile operating system From you, automatically when you visit the Site(s) Product and service fulfillment; marketing, promotions & advertising; internal operations; and fraud prevention, security and compliance Our current or future corporate affiliates and subsidiaries; our service providers, sub processors, and/or consultants (such as advertising and marketing vendors, shipping and fulfilment service providers and/or third party payment services); third party marketers; our business partners (including third parties that provide products and services related to our business, such as contract-based distributors of Olympus products); and any other person at your consent or direction Other information you provide, when you contact us through one of our internet channels From you For quality assurance and operational optimization purposes; product and service fulfillment; marketing, promotions & advertising; internal operations; and fraud prevention, security and compliance Our current or future corporate affiliates and subsidiaries; our service providers, sub processors, and/or consultants; our business partners (including third parties that provide products and services related to our business, such as contract-based distributors of Olympus products); and any other person at your consent or direction
- 2. You may request that we (and our service providers) delete your personal information. Note that deletion requests are subject to certain limitations, for example, we may retain personal information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, to process transactions and facilitate customer requests, and for certain other internal business purposes described in this Privacy Notice. To submit a request for deletion email us at OCADataPrivacy@olympus.com.
- 3. Olympus is strongly committed to preserving online privacy for all of our Site(s) visitors, including children. Olympus’ policy is not to collect any personal information about children under 13 years old. Olympus’ services are offered to customers who are the age of 13 years and above. No programs, services or offerings are intended for children under the age of 13. Furthermore, we may restrict entries to any contests, sweepstakes or promotions to entrants who are at least 18 years of age.
Minors under 18 years of age may have the Personal Information that they provide to us through the Site deleted by sending an email requesting deletion to OCADataPrivacy@olympus.com. Please note that, while we make reasonable efforts to comply with such requests, deletion of your personal information does not ensure complete and comprehensive removal of that data from all systems.
- 4. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under this section.
- 5. California law requires us to identify, for the 12-month period prior to the date of this Privacy Notice, what information Olympus has “sold” about you. Please be assured that Olympus does not sell or rent your information to third parties purely for our profit, to data brokers, or in any way other than those intended to improve your online experiences and the relevance of offers made to you through Olympus and elsewhere.
Olympus may require proof of California residence before responding to any request made under this section. You may authorize another person (your “agent”) to submit a request on your behalf by emailing [Contact Information] . Shortly after you (or your agent) submit a request, we will contact you (via email at the email address provided during submission of your request) with instructions on how to verify the request before we fulfill it. We will verify your identity by asking you to log in to your account if you have one with us. Or if you do not, we may ask for your email address, the order number of a recent order you placed with us or the last four digits of a credit or debit card used on our Site(s). We will aim to complete your requests as soon as reasonably practicable and consistent with any applicable laws.