New units have been added for the BX53M/BXFM that are designed to make the microscopes easier to use. The newly developed BX3M-RLAS-S illuminator can perform the various operations associated with changing between observation methods at the turn of a dial. Similarly, a feature has been incorporated for achieving optimal aperture adjustment (which needs to be repeated for each magnification) simply by setting the aperture scale index to the same color as the objective lens.
For Ease-of-Use with an Extensive Range of UnitsLaunch of BX53M/BXFM System MicroscopeAccompanied by Upgrade of OLYMPUS Stream Image Analysis Software
January 26, 2016
Olympus Corporation (President: Hiroyuki Sasa) today announced the international launch by its Scientific Solutions Business, commencing on January 26, 2016, of the upgraded OLYMPUS Stream V2.1 software together with the BX53M/BXFM system microscope, which features workflow support that extends from observation to reporting.
Industrial microscopes are used for the observation and inspection of a wide variety of industrial products, including metal parts as well as semiconductors and other electronic components. Olympus already markets its BXiS industrial upright microscopes equipped with excellent optical performance and a high degree of expandability made possible by its extensive range of units, and that can be used to provide each user with the best possible system in combination with other products such as the OLYMPUS Stream image analysis software.
As the successor to the BXiS, the new BX53M/BXFM is the first full model change in 15 years. With the addition of units that facilitate focus adjustment and switching between different observation methods, the new model is designed to be even easier to use. It is also suitable for a wide range of user applications, with a high degree of expandability made possible by the extensive range of units carried over from the previous model. When used in conjunction with the enhanced OLYMPUS Stream V2.1 software, the BX53M/BXFM provides workflow support from observation through to measurement, analysis, and reporting.
|BX53M/BXFM System Microscope||January 26, 2016|
|OLYMPUS Stream V2.1 Image Analysis Software|
- 1. Designed to be even easier to use, with the addition of units that facilitate aperture adjustment and switching between different observation methods
- 2. Suitable for a wide range of applications, with a high degree of expandability made possible by an extensive range of units
- OLYMPUS StreamV2.1
- New Instant MIA*1 function captures high-resolution images with a wide field
*1 Function for taking "panorama" photographs by automatically combining sample images based on stage movement.
Details of Main Features
1. Designed to be even easier to use, with the addition of units that facilitate aperture adjustment and switching between different observation methods
2. Suitable for a wide range of applications, with a high degree of expandability made possible by an extensive range of units
The extensive range of units available for the BX53M/BXFM makes the microscope suitable for a wide range of user applications. One example is a unit for "MIX" observation, which balances bright field observation (best for shape observation) and dark field observation (best at detecting cracks or other defects). The extensive range also includes stages of different sizes and adapters for adjusting the height to suit the sample.
New Instant MIA function captures high-resolution images with a wide field
The new software features enhancements to the Instant MIA function for building composite images. The function tracks stage movement and combines images accordingly. It can be used to build composite "panorama" images that cover a wide field with high magnification and resolution.
Main Specifications of BX53M
|Observation methods||Brightfield, darkfield, MIX, polarized, differential interference contrast, fluorescence|
|Stage dimension||76 x 52mm|
Main licenses for OLYMPUS Stream V2.1
( : Not Available, : Available, : Optional License )
(extended focus function)
- Olympus's Scientific Solutions Business
- Its main products are optical microscopes and industrial videoscopes and non-destructive testing equipment. Through these products, the Scientific Solutions Business helps to keep the infrastructure of society safe and secure, including research and development in the medical, life science, and industrial fields; quality improvement at production facilities; and inspections of aircraft and other large plant, etc..
Press releases are company announcements that are directed at the news media.
Information posted on this site is current and accurate only at the time of their original publication date, and may now be outdated or inaccurate.
Company names and product names specified are trademarks of their respective owners.