More Accurate and Efficient Support for Inspection with Best-in-Series Brightness and Image QualityIPLEX NX, Olympus's Most Advanced Industrial Videoscope
April 4, 2016
Olympus Corporation (President: Hiroyuki Sasa) today announced the simultaneous international launch by its Scientific Solutions Business, commencing on April 4, 2016, of the IPLEX NX, an industrial videoscope that supports more accurate and efficient inspection with features that include the best brightness and image quality in the IPLEX series.
Industrial endoscopes are a form of non-contact inspection system suitable for use in confined and hard-to-access spaces that are not open to direct visual inspection, such as the interior of aircraft engines or piping at industrial plants. Their main uses include routine maintenance and inspecting components for quality. Olympus has marketed a variety of models under its IPLEX series of industrial videoscopes that satisfy diverse requirements through high image quality and excellent usability.
The new IPLEX NX is the successor to the top-end IPLEX FX model and represents the first full model change in seven years. The IPLEX NX helps improve inspection efficiency by featuring the best brightness and image quality in the IPLEX series together with a significantly enhanced stereo measurement function. It is also designed to be easier for operators to use, with a newly developed electrically operated bending mechanism that makes the videoscope easier to operate. In addition to these leading-edge technologies, the new model also features the same high reliability and durability in harsh environments that are a hallmark of the series to support more precise and efficient inspection.
|IPLEX NX Industrial Videoscope||April 4, 2016|
- 1. Helps improve inspection efficiency by providing best-in-series brightness and image quality
- 2. Significantly enhanced stereo measurement function for wide measurement area
- 3. Designed to be easy for operators to use with improved ease-of-use and the ability to perform a wide variety of observations
Details of Main Features
1. Helps improve inspection efficiency by providing best-in-series brightness and image quality
The IPLEX NX utilizes Olympus's optics technology to provide by far the best brightness and image quality in the IPLEX series. It can capture crisp images by providing bright illumination even in hard-to-access spaces such as the interior of gas turbines where external lighting can't reach. Furthermore, by providing illumination over a wide area, it facilitates observation of the desired location. This helps improve the efficiency of inspection.
2. Significantly enhanced stereo measurement function for wide measurement area
Olympus has dramatically enhanced the stereo measurement function that simplifies the measurement of the size and depth of defects from various angles. The IPLEX NX is able to perform measurement over roughly four times the area of previous models*1. It also incorporates a way of measuring object distances at five points. This enables measurement over a wide area.
3. Designed to be easy for operators to use with improved ease-of-use and the ability to perform a wide variety of observations
The IPLEX NX is designed to be easy for operators to use, making it simple for anyone to perform inspections in a wide range of situations. The new electrically operated bending mechanism developed by Olympus makes it quick to navigate to the desired location without stress. This enables inspections to be performed efficiently by shortening the time taken to reach the location to be inspected. Furthermore, the IPLEX NX can be configured six different ways to suit different conditions.
*1 In comparison with the stereo measurement function on previous models when using a scope with a 6.0mm tip diameter and fitted with visual stereo measurement AD.
|Light source||High-intensity laser diode|
|LCD monitor||8.4-inch all-weather monitor|
|External dimensions||320 (W) x 180 (D) x 310 (H) mm (including protruding parts)|
|Weight||7kg approx. (including battery)|
- Olympus's Scientific Solutions Business
- Its main products are optical microscopes and industrial videoscopes and non-destructive testing equipment. Through these products, the Scientific Solutions Business helps to keep the infrastructure of society safe and secure, including research and development in the medical, life science, and industrial fields; quality improvement at production facilities; and inspections of aircraft and other large plant, etc..
Press releases are company announcements that are directed at the news media.
Information posted on this site is current and accurate only at the time of their original publication date, and may now be outdated or inaccurate.
Company names and product names specified are trademarks of their respective owners.