Firmware Upgrades: Version 2.0 for Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II,
Version 3.0 for Olympus PEN-F,
and Version 4.0 for Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II
February 28, 2018
Olympus Corporation (President: Hiroyuki Sasa) is pleased to announce the latest firmware upgrades for three interchangeable lens cameras; Version 2.0 for the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Version 3.0 for the Olympus PEN-F, and Version 4.0 for the Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II, scheduled for release on Wednesday, February 28, 2018. This release adds new functions and improved performance, along with the new Art Filter option, Bleach Bypass to all three models.
In addition, a LUT (Look Up Table) file will be released along with the firmware upgrades for color grading videos shot in the movie-exclusive picture mode “Flat” using DaVinci Resolve from Blackmagic Design Pty. Ltd.
OM-D E-M1 Mark II Firmware Ver. 2.0: Main Features
- Improved functionality in Pro Capture Mode
(Number of pre-shutter frames increased from 14 to 35, an icon display during Pro Capture and compatible lenses added)
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-100mm F4.0 IS PRO now supports Focus Stacking
- Small AF Target setting added (S-AF and C-AF)
- In-body Fisheye Correction added (when using M.Zuiko Digital ED 8mm F1.8 Fisheye PRO)
- Magnify setting added 100% enlargement ratio for use during image playback
- Flicker Scan function added, which adjusts the shutter speed to reduce flickering effects from light sources
Olympus PEN-F Firmware Ver. 3.0: Main Features
- Monochrome Profile and Color Profile settings in recorded images can be saved onto the camera via a computer
- Shading effects in Monochrome Profile Control is available in Color Profile Control and Color Creator
OM-D E-M5 Mark II Firmware Ver. 4.0: Main Features
- Focus Stacking function added
Common Features for these three models
- New Art Filter option Bleach Bypass added
- Support for Panasonic LEICA DG ELMARIT 200mm/F2.8/POWER O.I.S. interchangeable lens
For more information
Press releases are company announcements that are directed at the news media.
Information posted on this site is current and accurate only at the time of their original publication date, and may now be outdated or inaccurate.