Firmware Upgrades: Version 3.0 for Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark IIwith New Functions for High-precision Autofocus Performance and High Image Quality
Version 1.1 for OM-D E-M1X and Version 1.1 for Olympus Workspace are also released
June 19, 2019
Olympus Corporation (President: Yasuo Takeuchi) is pleased to announce availability of the latest firmware upgrade for two interchangeable lens cameras, Version 3.0 for the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II and Version 1.1 for the Olympus OM-D E-M1X. Additionally, Firmware Version 1.1 is now available for Olympus Workspace. OM-D E-M1 Mark II firmware Version 3.0 adds high-precision autofocus (AF) performance and the high image quality currently available on Olympus’ newest OM-D, the E-M1X. Specifically designed for the professional models in the OM-D series, the OM-D E-M1 Mark II and OM-D E-M1X, this new firmware provides feature enhancements for photographers who require portability and smooth operation of the camera when shooting.
OM-D E-M1 Mark II Firmware Version 3.0: Main Features
- Highly advanced AF algorithm, previously found in the OM-D E-M1X (including movie AF)
- The latest autofocus features such as C-AF Center Priority, Group 25-point, and C-AF + MF1 added
- AF low light limit -6EV support
- Noise at high ISO sensitivity is improved approx. 1/3 steps compared to Firmware
- Low ISO Processing (Detail Priority) added for higher resolution
- Support for Olympus Workspace new USB RAW Data Edit2
Other functions added from the OM-D E-M1X such as anti-flicker shooting and OM-Log400
OM-D E-M1X Firmware Version 1.1： Main Feature
- Support for new Olympus Workspace USB RAW Data Edit2
Olympus Workspace Image Editing Software Version 1.1: Main Features
- Focus Stacking added for compositing images shot in Focus Bracketing3
- Lighten Composite added
- USB RAW Data Edit2 added for high-speed RAW processing
1 MF during continuous AF (C-AF) is supported on the M.Zuiko PRO series (must upgrade to firmware version 1.2 and later for M.Zuiko Digital ED 8mm F1.8 Fisheye PRO, and firmware version 1.1 and later for M.Zuiko Digital ED 25mm F1.2 PRO and M.Zuiko Digital ED 45mm F1.2 PRO) and M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-200mm F3.5-6.3.
2 This new function makes RAW processing much faster by using the TruePic VIII image processor on the camera via USB connection. Olympus Workspace and the supported camera must both be updated with required firmware. The available editing options from Olympus Workspace are limited to RAW editing options that can be handled internally in the camera. Compatible models are OM-D E-M1X and OM-D E-M1 Mark II, and images are saved in JPEG format.
3 Images must be shot with a lens that supports Focus Stacking.
Press releases are company announcements that are directed at the news media.
Information posted on this site is current and accurate only at the time of their original publication date, and may now be outdated or inaccurate.