Firmware Upgrade: Version 2.0 for OM-D E-M1XAdding Bird Detection for Intelligent Subject Detection AF Automatically Detect and Track “Eye” of Bird with Priority
November 17, 2020
Olympus Corporation (Director, Representative Executive Officer, President and CEO: Yasuo Takeuchi) is pleased to announce the latest release of firmware upgrade Version 2.0 for the Olympus OM-D E-M1X mirrorless camera, scheduled for release on December 3, 2020. The new firmware adds Bird detection to Intelligent Subject Detection AF, an AI-based deep learning technology. With this new function, the camera automatically prioritizes detection of a bird's eye, for focusing and tracking, so the photographer can concentrate on composing images and capturing the moment. The new firmware also includes various functional improvements, such as RAW video data output to support professional video production.
OM-D E-M1X firmware Version 2.0 main features
- Bird detection added to Intelligent Subject Detection AF, for automatic detection and tracking of a bird's eye, with priority
- RAW video data output to the Atomos Ninja V HDR monitor recorder
- Focus Stacking support for the M.Zuiko Digital ED 150-400mm F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO
- Improved video image stabilization performance
- Supports Focus Indicator display
Press releases are company announcements that are directed at the news media.
Information posted on this site is current and accurate only at the time of their original publication date, and may now be outdated or inaccurate.