Notice of Stock Change of Olympus Terumo Biomaterials
August 9, 2023
Olympus Corporation (Olympus) and Terumo Corporation (Terumo) have announced an agreement between the two companies resulting in Olympus Group having acquired all stocks of Olympus Terumo Biomaterials Corporation (Olympus Terumo Biomaterials).
As a result of this acquisition of all stocks by Olympus, Olympus Terumo Biomaterials will be excluded from Terumo Corporation's equity method affiliates and become a wholly owned subsidiary of Olympus. The transfer is expected to have minimal material impact on the full-year earnings forecasts of both Olympus and Terumo for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2024.
Olympus and Terumo have been jointly operating Olympus Terumo Biomaterials since April 2007. After careful consideration, the two companies decided that the best way for Olympus Terumo Biomaterials to further enhance its corporate value is to be managed as a wholly owned subsidiary of Olympus, resulting in this announced agreement.
Both companies will continue to implement strategies and measures to increase their profitability.
Overview of Olympus Terumo Biomaterials
・Company Name:Olympus Terumo Biomaterials Corp.
・Head Office:Daiwa Sasazuka Tower, 1-50-1 Sasazuka, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
・Business:Research and development, manufacturing and sales of biomaterials such as ceramic artificial bones and regenerative medicine
・Share Capital:72.07 million JPY (Fiscal year ending March 31, 2023)
・Established:October 1, 2004
・Number of employees (Consolidated):127（As of July 2023）
At Olympus, we are committed to Our Purpose of making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling. As a global medical technology company, we partner with healthcare professionals to provide best-in-class solutions and services for early detection, diagnosis and minimally invasive treatment, aiming to improve patient outcomes by elevating the standard of care in targeted disease states.
For more than 100 years, Olympus has pursued a goal of contributing to society by producing products designed with the purpose of delivering optimal outcomes for its customers around the world.
Terumo is a global leader in medical technology and has been committed to "Contributing to Society through Healthcare" for 100 years. Based in Tokyo and operating globally, Terumo employs more than 30,000 associates worldwide to provide innovative medical solutions in more than 160 countries and regions.
The company started as a Japanese thermometer manufacturer and has been supporting healthcare ever since. Now, its extensive business portfolio ranges from vascular intervention and cardio-surgical solutions, blood transfusion and cell therapy technology, to medical products essential for daily clinical practice such as transfusion systems, diabetes care, and peritoneal dialysis treatments.
Terumo will further strive to be of value to patients, medical professionals, and society at large.
* Products or devices presented include future technology which may be pending regional regulatory approval and are not available for sale in all regions.
* The contents in this website including products availability, specifications or prices are the information as of the date of announcement and are subject to change without prior notice.
* Information is intended to be presented to the media, shareholders, investors, and other interested parties. Information about our medical products (including products currently under development) included in this website is not intended for advertising or medical advice.
* Olympus Corporation assumes no responsibility for any damage resulting from the use of this material.
* All company names and product names mentioned in this website are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. ® and TM marks are not specified in this website. All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.