Olympus Creates a Work Environment that Promotes Autonomous
Work and Work-Life BalanceAs part of the company’s work style reform, its Technology Development Center Ishikawa will become the Olympus global headquarters
January 11, 2024
TOKYO, January 11, 2024 - Olympus Corporation (Olympus), a global MedTech company committed to making people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, has announced new efforts, including new headquarters, in creating a healthy organizational culture and a working environment in which each employee can perform at their best.
In becoming a leading global MedTech company, Olympus has developed a new way of working that enables employees to fulfill their duties as autonomous professionals, without being limited by time or place. The centerpiece of this plan is a new head office located in Hachioji City, Tokyo which brings together all functions, including research and development, into one location , after previously being dispersed throughout the Tokyo area. The new offices were designed with open, comfortable areas optimized for collaboration across departments and for generating inspiration for further innovation. Furthermore, the company will take this as an opportunity to both review current personnel systems and develop new ones. With these changes, the company aims to eliminate cross-functional silos, accelerate collaboration, further improve engagement and productivity, and deliver innovative value to its stakeholders.
Overview of the new headquarters
|2951 Ishikawacho, Hachioji City, Tokyo
|Business start date
|April 1, 2024
Key concepts for the renewed organizational culture
1. Rethinking Employees’ Working Style: "Changing the Way of Working"
2. Creating the Best Office Environment: "Changing the Workplace"
Details of the renewed organizational culture
1. "Changing the Way of Working"
Olympus is promoting a hybrid working style that combines the benefits of both face-to-face and online communication. By revising work rules to allow employees to work at the office, home, or a third location, the company will promote autonomous work styles and increase the number of options to allow employees to harmonize their corporate and personal lives.
2. "Changing the Workplace"
Olympus is reorganizing its office facilities and layout to best cater to the work that necessitates coming into the office, which includes technology review and face-to-face communication. As part of this initiative, Olympus is consolidating the location of its divisions. It aims to realize closer communication by consolidating all business functions including marketing and development in Hachioji City, Tokyo, and the head office functions in Shinjuku Ward, Tokyo.
At Olympus, we are committed to Our Purpose of making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling. As a global medical technology company, we partner with healthcare professionals to provide best-in-class solutions and services for early detection, diagnosis and minimally invasive treatment, aiming to improve patient outcomes by elevating the standard of care in targeted disease states. For more than 100 years, Olympus has pursued a goal of contributing to society by producing products designed with the purpose of delivering optimal outcomes for its customers around the world. For more information, visit https://www.olympus-global.com/ and follow our global X account: @Olympus_Corp.
* Products or devices presented include future technology which may be pending regional regulatory approval and are not available for sale in all regions.
* The contents in this website including products availability, specifications or prices are the information as of the date of announcement and are subject to change without prior notice.
* Information is intended to be presented to the media, shareholders, investors, and other interested parties. Information about our medical products (including products currently under development) included in this website is not intended for advertising or medical advice.
* Olympus Corporation assumes no responsibility for any damage resulting from the use of this material.
* All company names and product names mentioned in this website are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. ® and TM marks are not specified in this website. All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.