Olympus OM-D E-M1X Interchangeable Lens CameraCompact, Lightweight OM-D System Designed for Professionals
January 24, 2019
Olympus Corporation (President: Hiroyuki Sasa) is pleased to announce the Olympus OM-D E-M1X, scheduled to go on sale on February 22, 2019. This compact, lightweight interchangeable lens camera achieves high-quality images while conforming to the Micro Four Thirds System standard. This new professional model incorporates an integrated vertical grip, providing secure holding and high operability, and offers the world’s highest1 image stabilization performance approximately 7.5 shutter speed steps of compensation, fulfilling photographers’ expectations for capturing split-second images.
|Category||Product Name||MSRP||Launch Date|
|Micro Four Thirds System standard interchangeable lens camera||Olympus OM-D E-M1X (Body)||Open price||February
- Integrated vertical grip delivers secure holding and high operability
- Comfortable AF system with the AF multi selector and All-cross-type On-chip Phase Detection AF sensor
- Pro Capture mode2and 60 fps high-speed sequential shooting3 ensure photographers never miss a shot
- Double TruePic VIII image processors provide high-speed responsiveness and Handheld High Res Shot
- The world’s highest image stabilization performance approximately 7.5 shutter speed steps of compensation result in excellent image quality
1 Lens used: M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-100mm F4.0 IS PRO, at a focal distance of 100mm (35mm equivalent: 200mm), halfway release image stabilization: Off, conforms to CIPA standards, when corrected on 2 axes (Yaw and Pitch), current as of January 24, 2019.
2 During Pro Capture shooting, the shutter speed is limited to the maximum speed (1 fps or higher) and the flash is disabled.
3 AF and AE locked at first frame. Maximum of 18 fps during AF, AE link.
Press releases are company announcements that are directed at the news media.
Information posted on this site is current and accurate only at the time of their original publication date, and may now be outdated or inaccurate.