Olympus uses a matrix organizational structure that maximizes the use of corporate resources by interconnecting businesses and functions in a balanced and efficient manner.
The first layer of the matrix has business units on the vertical axis and functional organizations on the horizontal axis.
Each business unit oversees its own strategies in accordance with group strategy, and the functional organizations provide support to implement these strategies.
The matrix helps to clarify and speed up the process of group resource allocation, enabling the company to maximize its potential.
- GI & R (gastrointestinal and respiratory) Business Unit
- GS (general surgery) Business Unit
- Uro/Gyn (urology/ gynecology) Business Unit
- ENT (ear nose throat) Business Unit
- Medical Service Business Unit
Scientific Solutions Business
- Scientific Solutions Business Unit
- Imaging Business Unit
- Chief Compliance Officer (CCO)
- Medical Affairs Office
- Quality and Regulatory Group
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Chief Improvement Officer (CIO)
- Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
- R&D Group
- Manufacturing Group
- Sales and Marketing Group